PDA

View Full Version : Headphones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magic
25-06-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm looking for a new set of headphones..
Need some ideas from yous guys.
Whats best and good brands.
Cost of the headphones: Any price from Low to high...:D
Looking for a nice ones.
With mini subs.
Got to have a mic as well.
Please help me out:th_smile:

STocKi
25-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Gday Magic, well i might as well start if off for you, no doubt everyones got what they think is best so heres my choice.
Ive been using the Altec Lansing AHS602 headset. I've bought 2 of them over the last 6 years, the second I only bought last year due to wear and tear.
For me its a comfy headset, leather padding head strap and the ear muffs are very cushy and not harsh on ya ears. M8's of mine have said its like being in your own world when you have them on, the SRS function works a treat and you can hear the most faintest sounds ingame, like people reloading, people's footsteps walking around, atmosphere sounds and know exactly which direction its comming from. If its not enough, you can adjust surround sound via the control module inline.
I did a quick search on google and found this for ya, hope it helps. Catchya.

http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/altec-lansing-ahs602/4505-13831_7-31000739.html

magic
25-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Gday Magic, well i might as well start if off for you, no doubt everyones got what they think is best so heres my choice.
Ive been using the Altec Lansing AHS602 headset. I've bought 2 of them over the last 6 years, the second I only bought last year due to wear and tear.
For me its a comfy headset, leather padding head strap and the ear muffs are very cushy and not harsh on ya ears. M8's of mine have said its like being in your own world when you have them on, the SRS function works a treat and you can hear the most faintest sounds ingame, like people reloading, people's footsteps walking around, atmosphere sounds and know exactly which direction its comming from. If its not enough, you can adjust surround sound via the control module inline.
I did a quick search on google and found this for ya, hope it helps. Catchya.

http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/altec-lansing-ahs602/4505-13831_7-31000739.html

WOW Headphones sound really good. Ill have a look. Thanks for the MSG. Buddy :)

statsfodder
25-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Gamecom 777 best I have ever had

LeoRiese
25-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Sennhizers, always Sennhizers, they are the greatest headphones ever, but they dont have microphones in them, but they are awesome with sound....if you have the card to back it up

TankSkank
26-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Sennhizers, always Sennhizers, they are the greatest headphones ever, but they dont have microphones in them, but they are awesome with sound....if you have the card to back it up

They do have a model or 2 with mic's on em now and yeah, they are the best, but have the best price, a good pair will set ya back about 200bucks more or less. I'm only going on reviews n stuff, i do have a cheap pair of em, oh well 100bucks cheap and they sound awesome but not as comfy as the exy ones look, i hate headphones fully.

LeoRiese
26-06-2010, 05:23 PM
the higher grade sennhizers are comfy, my ones, i cant remember the model number i use as earmuffs in winter aswell cause they just cover your ears completely

Starcraftmazter
28-06-2010, 02:21 PM
If nobody knows yet, thermaltake released/releasing good quality gamer 7.1 headphones (with mic) in Australia for a cheap price to compete with logitech and razer. I think they are either $100 or $70 - can't remember.

ThatWasMyKil
28-06-2010, 10:18 PM
I use Logitech G35, they are awesome fun any come with a nifty little voice changer program. they have surround sound that can be turned on an off, and have 3 programmable buttons on the side :)

Click me (http://www.logitech.com/en-au/gaming/headsets/devices/5095)

LeoRiese
28-06-2010, 10:23 PM
I use Logitech G35, they are awesome fun any come with a nifty little voice changer program. they have surround sound that can be turned on an off, and have 3 programmable buttons on the side :)

Click me (http://www.logitech.com/en-au/gaming/headsets/devices/5095)

i find it pointless to have macro's on a headset, and to have an LCD on a keyboard, cause you should be concentrating on the screen not on your keyboard or your headset trying to change modes and all this crap

my X6 is better then the G15 and G19 (and before you people start the arguement, idc, ill stand by my choice)

ThatWasMyKil
29-06-2010, 12:30 AM
i find it pointless to have macro's on a headset, and to have an LCD on a keyboard, cause you should be concentrating on the screen not on your keyboard or your headset trying to change modes and all this crap

my X6 is better then the G15 and G19 (and before you people start the arguement, idc, ill stand by my choice)

Haha I haven't programed any of the macro keys yet i have had the head set for over 6 months, its just good to know i have it there. ;)

Shadow963
29-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Iv had the G35 for a few months and i seem to have trouble with it. Everything sounds all tinny and echoed! when i turn surround sound off it sounds all mono tone. And the interchangeable head pads all feel the same. i get a bit of a headache when using them for more than a few hours so have to take them off. I guess they just weren't what i expected!

ThatWasMyKil
29-06-2010, 01:51 AM
they do do push quite a bit against your head around the temple region and that has caused me some discomfort but i take that as a sign to go take a break.

UndaToka
22-08-2010, 04:12 PM
i have a set of razer megaladon 7.1 they are comfortable and sound pretty good
a bit exy though,
but i though that since i dont have too many vices cept playing 'puter games .....
the built in sound card with controls make it easy to use

Jetwash
23-09-2010, 06:34 PM

mine have a mike cant remember the model though got them from JB's great set for under a 100$

Trent0
09-10-2010, 09:44 AM
I use creative Fatal1ty headphone i had plantronics before that but these are a setp above and beyond luv em.
Paid under 50 bux from www.umart.com.au

reLapse
12-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Never buy headsets or anything labeled "gaming" as they just won't have the sound quality of a proper set of headphones and anything with gaming on it is a gimmick.

There is also no such thing as "good surround 5.1/7.1" headphones, they may sound fine to those who use them but they are just another gimmick with inferior sound quality.

I suggest buying a very good set of stereo headphones and then buying a clip on mic, it will not only suit your gaming needs but will be better for music and movies.

http://www.headphones.com.au/