PDA

View Full Version : Member Rules

l0wkey
11-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Hello,

I am new here. Nice to meet you all!

I am just wondering if your MAG rules apply to MAG members as well as other players on your servers?

Specifically rule 2?

Aussie Underdog
11-08-2010, 10:48 PM
2. All members must be respectful of not only MAG members but of all gamers.

Hello lOwkey, yes they do!

Why do you ask?

l0wkey
11-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Apologies in advance for the essay. :)

The other night I was kicking some serious arse on your server in an Abrahms, when I was randomly server killed.

When I asked why this occured, an admin said it was because I deliberately destroyed his AT mines (he was on my team).

Now, as you're all aware, in a tank driving at top speed you usually can't be sure who mines belong to until you drive over them and die. Sometimes you get a warning at low speed. I prefer to take the approach of destroying all mines in my path if I can't be sure whom they belong to.

After a short argument, I quit the server in disgust and went to another.

At this point, I would have been perfectly happy to leave things be, go about my usual business, and not bother complaining, but after joining your server again tonight and playing for some time, I was kicked with no explanation by an admin. I was not, and did not ever do anything (to my knowledge) that is against MAG's rules.

I did notice at the time that I joined that the admin from last night was also on the server, but assumed that he'd gotten over whatever problem he had with me. I am not saying the same person kicked me, but as there was no other reason for it, I can only assume it was.

To the admin in question - if you have a problem with me, perhaps it would be best to speak to me about it before the knee-jerk reactions.
Also, it reflects poorly on your clan if you show such abuse of admin rights over trivial matters.

Thank you.

tassy
11-08-2010, 11:21 PM
I warned you not to keep destroying my mines, because you saw me do it, I was 5 feet in front of you, an you blew them up, killing me by suicide... I killed you... Subject was closed.

Tonight I have no idea what you are talking about. I kick random people when MAG members need to get online. It is a MAG server paid for by MAG. They have right to first access. The fact I didn't tell you first, is of no concern when I have multiple things to do at once, inc dealing with idiots, while talking to MAG members on vent. an seeing who is an who isn't camping in the uncaps, I sometimes dont tell someone why they were kicked, the "adult" thing to do was to come back on server an ask why, an you would have been told....

You were probably removed for that reason. I am not 15 mate I dont know you nor do I know your name... You are just a another player on the server.

Torchem
11-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Some times if say 2 or more members want in and multi kicks happen, the admin at the time may have forgotten to put in a message "making room for members. Especially if they are in game as well.

l0wkey
11-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Fair enough regarding your explanation about this evening - if that was the reason.

As for the AT mine thing...perhaps you need another rule: "MAG members may at any time server kill another player if they think that other player may have done something - accidental or not - that has disadvantaged a MAG member" ;)

Seriously, I'm not 15 either - if I had seen you laying mines I wouldn't have been dumb enough to destroy them. :th_yes:

tassy
11-08-2010, 11:36 PM
shit happens case closed.... But you should realize mate I deal with about 20 people a night who for one reason or other, feel it their mission in life, to crawl up my arse with a magnifying class..... I cease being "nice" an start booting people.... things happen, an I am anything but a saint, you probably had the misfortune to land on the downside of my temper by end of night.

ChEeZeLs
11-08-2010, 11:39 PM
thanks for being mature about this matter. hope to see you on the servers again soon =)

LeoRiese
12-08-2010, 12:11 AM
maybe come join mag n shoot more of tassys mines =P be fun to have a new cool member in here

ChEeZeLs
12-08-2010, 04:54 PM
=)