PDA

View Full Version : Question about Lag

Stabb
15-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Hi all,

I was just wondering if someone could help me out with Lag/Ping rate? I just wanted to know how my lag or ping effects the server or others on it.

As I have been kicked from a couple of servers for having a high Ping but how does this effect anyone else? I normally only play on servers with a good Ping but sometimes my ISP has hiccups and my ping rate goes up and down.

Thanks for any help in advance.

ChEeZeLs
15-11-2010, 07:24 PM
what game you having the most trouble with ?

Stabb
15-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Sorry, Medal of Honor. Most of the time my Ping is Fine but sometimes it just goes out the window and I cant work out why.

tellytubby
15-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Ping is a measure of time it takes to talk to a server in milliseconds.
If your ping go's up for no reason its usualy because of some interference or someone downloading or looking at piture on facbook ect. and using all your bandwidth.
:beer:

TankSkank
15-11-2010, 08:23 PM
You are in the same club as a couple of other members.

Our MoH server has a open ping setting, so you wont got booted unless it's really bad. I've made sure it's left open for 2 reasons, the main one our members, and secondly the server is used by players world wide while we sleep, this keeps our rating high and the server popular.

As for does it effect other players, in most games i'd say yes but MoH seems to have a low packet count and is friendly on high pings and don't seem to make much effect unless it's loaded with 500 pingers, lol.

Runesz
16-11-2010, 04:42 PM
sigh i shall say this again "I CANT WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR WHEN I LIVE IN BRISBANE AND HAVE PING <100 WOOOO!!!!!!" lol

Nightridr
16-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Well Runesz speaking for myself here, you kill me enough with your 100 ping :th_blink: so next year cant come slowly enough for me. :th_giggle:

veg63
21-11-2010, 01:35 PM
I have wirelss and my ping is erratic as you would expect. Good on Telstra for only offering a wireless service in the bush. Bring on some competition and get rid of telstra's monopoly in the bush I say!!!!